Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Tattered Book to Mod Wall Art

Pinterest time!!  I have found a new project, and so am taking another slice out of the bare walls of the kids' rooms!  This one is from the blog Fabulously Flawed.  You can find it here.


As you can see, she took whole pages and mod podged them at different angles onto a canvas.  Don't you love it?  I know I do!

As usual, I did my own different take on this.  When I saw the above, I immediately thought of Cooking with the Cat.



When Reese was in 1st grade Cooking with the Cat was the first book that she could read really quickly and well.  I remember her looking about ready to burst with pride.  Well, Reese is #1, and Luke, #4, decided that he also liked the book when he was 9 months.  Sad to say, the binding broke and the front ripped.  It fell apart and has been sitting on the shelf in pieces for a long while.

So, I got to work!

First I got out this old framed poster.  It hung in my bedroom during my childhood, and has been in storage for my whole marriage.I decided to use this for the base for my project.  It's printed on glossy poster paper.

I cut out the different images and words that I wanted to use, and then used the border of the original picture as a guide for where to paste my new ones!  I used mod podge for it all.


I arranged the pictures before I did any gluing.

           



No comments:

Post a Comment