Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Maps as Wall Art

 This weekend was much slower pace than most weekends around our house.  I work as a nurse every weekend, but often get either Saturday or Sunday off, and I spent some time doing this fun, easy project!



Anybody remember this ancient relic?  My mother-in-law gave these as Christmas gifts to all her kids every year for many years until GPS and maps were on every device we carry.  They actually are a really great idea, then and now, when you are traveling.  You never know when there won't be a signal or you will run out of battery.  We still keep one stashed in the back of the car just in case!  BUT, I digress!

I cut out a 9x9 inch piece with about an extra 1/4 inch on each side from three pages in the atlas.


1. Glenwood, IA.  Alex and I hiked at a lake outside Glenwood when we were dating, we've had family pictures taken there, we had Reese's first birthday there, and we still go out and hike, swim, and fish with our kids!  Glenwood is and was special to us, so it is picture #1.


2. Boston, MA or more specifically Danvers, MA.  We moved here in 2009 and spent some of the happiest years of our marriage here.  Boston will always hold a very special place in our hearts!


3. Omaha, NE.  Homaha.  We live here, have family here, and both grew up here.  No brainer! :-)


Michael's had a sale on frames (as they do often- check it out!), and I found these on clearance ON TOP of a 25% coupon, so these three frames cost me a whopping $28.  A good price makes for a feel-good weekend project!

No comments:

Post a Comment