Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Mud Soap


Yesterday I had my nephews over, and even though I think all the kids had fun they blew through a million activities.  Then were looking for more!  Normally I suggest some toy or tell them to use their imagination, but I had seen mud soap on Pinterest and thought it might be fun for them!  This is a super simple, fun activity for your kids too.


Supplies:
  • grater
  • bar of soap
  • large bowl or container
That's it!  (Unless you want to add a couple drops of food coloring!)


1. Grate the bar of soap the same way you'd grate a block of cheese.


Use the largest grate you have to get the most realistic texture!  Smaller grates go faster, but they make the soap feel more like thick body wash.


 2. Add a little water at a time until you get the texture of mud.

3. Add 2-3 drops of food coloring (optional).

After we rinsed off the "mud", my kids' hands never looked cleaner!


 The beauty of this project is that it's soap!  It rinses easily off of skin and clothes, and if anything actually makes them cleaner!  The whole house smelled like Dove soap, and when they were done, I just tossed this plastic container into the sink, filled it with water, and there was more fun for Mr. Rocco (below, left).  He "washed the dishes" for me. :-)  Virtually no clean up!

No comments:

Post a Comment