Thursday, February 21, 2013

Wall Decals with Nolan

I have had grand designs on Nolan's room, since Alex and I decided he and Luke would room together when Luke is ready to trade up from crib to twin bed with side rails.  Nolan loves Mario Bros. video games for the Wii, and left to his own devices would probably spend all day and night playing.

My idea was that I would finally decorate the boys' room, and the theme would be Mario Brothers.  Of course, Nolan was thrilled with this idea, and I planned to wait until the big move.  Then while at the store he saw these wall decals, and it was all over.  I had no self control, and bought the first piece of our Mario room puzzle!


Now, I have always been kind of unenthusiastic about wall decals.  I had seen cute things, but didn't think I could pull off something that looked good.  Also, I wasn't sure how easily they ripped or if they still stick to the wall if you move them one (or a hundred) times.  Nolan loved these though, so I figured we'd give it a shot.  


Nolan's first idea was that bad guys should be on the right, good guys on the left.  Simple enough- until the good guys started running out of room.  Then the creative juices started flowing!





"So the two Marios are gonna get Bowser, and they are on a team.  Bowser has Baby Bowser on his team, though."




"So, the bullet is aimed at the piranha plant.  Maybe I'll put something to block it in there!"


Having fun, being silly.


 "THEN, Luigi jumps off Wario's head, and he gets the star, but the bomb is coming!!"





So in the end, I give wall decals 2 thumbs up!  They do rip pretty easily when you peel them off the page, but they stick, restick, and smooth easily.  The main reason I liked this was that it got Nolan's imagination and creativity flowing.  Instead of parking in front of the Wii, he was interacting and creating all on his own sans-screen!  YAY!  A lot of times it's hard for me to remember that most of all the kids' rooms are their get away, so they should love it.  I would say that Nolan definitely loves the first stage of his future Mario Brothers room!  He keeps going in there to admire his work!


2 comments: